date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
- [S782] Joseph Antoine Doucette, Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick , Microfilm: F18059, No. d'enregistrement: 2122, (1901-11-20), index d'enregistrement des naissances de la province ).
- [S783] Jeanne Martelli - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, November 26 2005;voir aussi: Jeanne J. (Melanson) Martelli - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, July 8, 2006.
- [S1833] Rose A Legere - obituary, Amherst Daily News and News & Sentinel, Amherst, NS, December 28, 1959, pg 5;Amherst Daily News & News & Sentinel Amherst, NS
Monday, December 28th, 1959 pg 5
MRS. ROSE A. LEGERE
The death occured at her home early Thursday evening Dec 24 of Mrs. Rose Anna Legere of Maccan. Up until six months ago, Mrs. Legere had always enjoyed fairly good health. She was 86 years of age, daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Charles Bourgeois, born in Grande Dique, N.B. ans lived all her married life in Maccan. She was twice married , her first husband , the late James St. Peter predeceased her in 1912. Her second husband, the late Abner Legere, predeceased her in 1941.
From her first marriage she is survived by one daughter, Margaret, Mrs. Lawrence Cormier of Toronto; five sons, Henry St. Peter, Joggins; Charles and Harvey, Maccan; Leo, Amherst; Anthony, Southampton. From her second marriage she is survived by one son, Lawrence Legere, Maccan. Also surviving are one half brother and two half sisters and several grandchildren and great grandchildren. The remains are resting at her home in Maccan. The funeral service will be held Monday morning at 9 a.m. from St. Thomas Aquinas, R.C. Church in Joggins. Interment will be in Ragged Reef Cemtery.
- [S2034] Abner Legere - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S2066] Elie Robichaud - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 5 août 2004, pg 30;voir aussi: Elie Robichaud - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, August 5, 2004.
- [S2275] Source inconnue author, Recensement du Canada (1911) (Library and Archives Canada, source inconnue publish date).
- [S2659] Fourth Census of Canada, 1901 / Quatrième Recensement du Canada, 1901, Ménage de Georges Léger, NS, Lanway Mines, F3-, 28 - Cape Breton, page 18, ligne 10-13, demeure 136, ménage 137, Bibliothèques et Archives Canada.
- [S2699] Jude Léger, Certificat de décès. 4392. (1955-10-25).
- [S2827] Marie Désprés - nécrologie, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 6 décembre 2006;voir aussi: Marie Déprés - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 6 décembre 2006.
- [S2842] "Source inconnue article title", Descendants of Thomas Victor Doucett, online e-mail address. Previously published in hard copy (Amherst, NS: Rick legere, January 12, 2007). Hereinafter cited as Doucet, Thomas (Thomas Victor Doucett.pdf).
- [S2891] Mary A. "Molly" Hempel - obituary, Worcester Telegram, Worcester MA, March 16, 1996, pg A%;voir aussi: Mary A. Hempel, Red Sox Fan, enjoyed traveling, Middlesex News, Framingham, MA, March 16, 1996, pg 3B.; Mary A. "Molly" (Legere) Hempel - obituary, Telegraph & Gazette, Worcester, MA, March 16, 1996, pg A5.
- [S3024] Olive Leger - obituary, Saint John Globe, Saint John NB, April 14, 1894;Saint John Globe Saint John, NB
Saturday, April 14th, 1894
d. Scoudouc (West. Co.) April 4, Olive LEGER w/o Thomas A. LEGER, age 29 years 8 mos., left husband, seven children.
- [S3044] Denis Léger - nécrologie, Evangéline, Moncton, NB, 8 novembre 1934, pg 6;l'Evangéline Moncton, NB
Jeudi, 8 novembre 1934 pg 6
Nous apprenons avec regret la mort de M. Denis Leger, de Shédiac, décédé lundi soir après une maladie de trois mois. M. Léger, qui était né à Scoudouc, était âgé de 57 ans. Il avait passé la plus grande partie de sa vie à Scoudouc, mais il y a deux ans il vint demeurer à Shédiac. Le défunt avait été à l'emploi du C.N.R. comme chauffeur de locomotive pendant plusieurs années.
Il laisse, outre son épouse, (née Rosalie Gallant), six fils: Léo, Emile, Jean, Edouard, Azarias et Roger, à la maison, et Yvon, qui se prépare à la prêtrise à Ottawa; et sept filles: Graziella, Bernadette, Marguerite, Alfreda, Patricia, Denise et Jeannette, toutes à la maison paternelle. Un frère, Jude, de Shédiac, et quatre soeurs: Mme Thadée Cormier, de Scoudouc, Mme Thomas Doucet, Lynn, Mass., Mme Blair LeBlanc, de Moncton et Mme Joseph LeBlanc, de Saint-Jean, lui survivent également.
Les funérailles auront lieu ce matin à l'église St-Jacques-le-Majeur, de Scoudouc.
Nous prions la famille en deuil d'agréer l'expression de nos sympathies.
- [S3098] Will Legere - obituary, Chignecto Post, Sackville NB, August 30, 1894;Chignecto Post Sackville, NB
Thursday, August 30th, 1894
Will LEGERE was chopping in the woods at Maccan, N.S. with a companion Saturday morn. about 9 o'clock. He slipped and fell off a tree on which he was standing, striking his side on a small stump. His main artery was severed by the stump and before a doctor could arrive the unfortunate lad bled to death. He lived about an hour after the accident.
- [S3491] Anna Surette - nécrologie, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, September 6 2007;Times & Transcript Moncton, NB
Thursday, September 6th, 2007
Anna Surette (1905 - 2007) -
Anna Surette, 101, of Résidence Bellevue, Dieppe, passed away on Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 at the Dr. Georges-L. Dumont Hospital. Born in Ste-Marie, NB, she was the daughter of the late Celestin and the late Virginie (née: Leger) Bastarache. She was a past member of Les Dames D'Acadie, St.-Vincent-de-Paul and founding member of the Club d'Age d'Or de Dieppe. She is survived by five daughters, Lena Elges of Riverview, Jeannine (Euclide) Gauvin, Florida Gagnon, Jeanne (Len) Arsenault, all three of Dieppe and Claudette Surette of Toronto; two sons, Harvey (Lil) of Windsor, ON and Emery (Ella) of Dieppe; 30 grandchildren; 59 great grandchildren; seven great great grandchildren; as well as by several nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her husband, Albert in 1978; one daughter, Florence; two sons, Yvon and Alyre; six sisters, Elise, Annie, Marie, Emelia, Jeanne and Alexina; also by one brother, Alyre. Visitation will be held from Chartersville Funeral Home, 363 Amirault Street, Dieppe, NB 857-1901, on Friday, September 7th, 2007 from 2 to 4 pm and from 7 pm to 9 pm and also on Saturday from 10 am until time of service. Funeral Mass will be celebrated at the Ste Therèse Roman Catholic Church on Saturday, September 8th, 2007 at 11 am. Interment in Notre-Dame-Du-Calvaire Cemetery, Dieppe, NB. Donations to the Dr. Georges-L. Dumont Hospital foundation "Oncology" would be appreciated by the family. The family wishes to thank the staff of Residence Bellevue and of the Dr. Georges-L. Dumont "Unit 4A and 3E" for the loving care given to their mother. www.chartersville.com.
- [S3698] Maximin Belliveau - obituary, Daily Times, Moncton, NB, February 26 1925, pg 7;Daily Times Moncton, NB
Thursday, February 26th, 1925 pg 7
Maximin Belliveau -
The death took place on Sunday at St. Paul, Kent County, of Mr. Maximin Belliveau, at the advance age of 78 years. Mr. Belliveau was born in Scoudouc on March 10, 1847, but later moved to Cape Bauld. From there, while still a young man he went with his father to what was then called Bishopland, Kent Co., and was one of the first settlers there. It was later organized into the parish of St. Paul. The deceased gentleman who was highly respected throughout the community in which he resided for so many years, is survived by 117 descendants, including nine sons, four daughters, ninety-five grandchildren and nine greatgrand children. The sons are Aime, manager of L'Evangeline, Moncton; Alphonse, also of this city; Oliver, Henry and Abel, in Waltham, Mass.; Thaddy, Dominic, Gilbert and Phileas, in St. Paul, Kent County. The daughters are Mrs. Jude Leger, of Scoudouc; Mrs. Arthur Normandeau, Rumford, ME.; Mrs. Albert Arsenault, Salem, Mass., and Mrs. George Hebert of Waltham, Mass. The funeral was held Tuesday at St. Paul Church with Rev. Father L. D. Cormier, parish priest, officiating. the pallbearers were six sons of the deceased, Aime, Dominic, Thaddy, Gilbert, Phileas and Alphonse. PER.
- [S4012] Denis Leger - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, November 7 1934, pg 7;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Wednesday, November 7th, 1934 pg 7
Denis Leger Shediac, Nov. 6 -
Death occurred to Denis Leger, of this town, on Monday evening at 11:30 o'clock after an illness of three months. Mr. Leger was 57 years of age and a native of Scoudouc where he spent most of his life, removing to Shediac within the last two years. Deceased was in the service of the C.N.R. acting as locomotive fireman on the Shediac branch train for several years. In religion he was a Roman Catholic and was always an active worker in the church and parish work. He leaves to mourn his wife, nee Miss Rosalie Gallant; six sons, Leo, Emile, John Edward, Azarias and Roger at home, and Yvon, student priest in Ottawa; also seven daughters, Graziella, Bernadette, Margaret, Alfreda, Patricia, Denise and Jeannette all at home. One brother, Jude, of Shediac, and four sisters, Mrs. Thaddee Cormier, Scoudouc; Thomas Doucett, of Lynn, Mass.; Mrs. Blair LeBlanc, of Moncton, and Mrs. Joseph LeBlanc, of Saint John, also survives. The funeral will be held on Thursday morning in St. Jacques Lemajeur's R.C. Church, Scoudouc, with Very Rev. Dean L'Archeveque, pastor, officiating. Mr. Leger had a large circle of co-workers and friends who will regret to learn of his passing.
- [S4117] Yvon Léger, o.m.i. - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 17 avril 2000.
- [S4588] Pauline Leger - nécrologie, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 5 mai 2008;voir aussi: Pauline Léger - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 6 mai 2008 | Pauline Leger - in memory,Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, May 2nd, 2009.
- [S5586] Alexina Dupuis - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Moncton, NB, 16 janvier 2004, pg 32.
- [S6543] Marguerite Petitpas - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, April 22, 2009.
- [S7173] Alyre Bastarache - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, February 21, 1973, pg 3.
- [S7269] Evelyn Cormier - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, July 10, 1972, pg 5.
- [S7977] Yvonne O. LeBlanc - nécrologie, Acadie Nouvelle, Caraquet, NB, 23 octobre 2010, pg 41;voir aussi: Yvonne O. LeBlanc - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, October 23, 2010.
- [S7981] W. J. Sonier - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, March 1, 1974, pg 2.
- [S8019] J.A. Doucette - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, April 26, 1974, pg 2.
- [S8020] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. ), Microfilm: F19693, No. d'enregistrement: 2096, Joseph Antoine Doucette & Evelyn Surette, (1928-09-24).
- [S8432] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. ), Microfilm: F19684, No. d'enregistrement: 2980, Donat Babineau & Ozélie Richard, (1923-05-17).
- [S8433] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. ), Microfilm: F19693, No. d'enregistrement: 1619, Donat Babineau & Sarah LeBlanc, (1928-11-15).
- [S10664] Antoine Robichaud - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, March 28, 1970, pg 6.
- [S10708] Mrs. A. Nowlan - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, March 31, 1986, pg 18.
- [S10709] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. ), Microfilm: F20009, No. d'enregistrement: 10366, Vital Sonier & Julienne LeBlanc, (1938-01-29).
- [S11046] Recensement du Canada, 1911, Ménage de Gilbert Léger, Microfilm: T-20351, NB, Bouctouche, 24 (Wellington), 28 (Kent), page 6, ligne 36-44, demeure 48, ménage 60, Bibliothèques et Archives Canada.
- [S11430] Mrs. Z. LeBlanc - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, April 24, 1970, pg 2.
- [S11771] Vivienne Léger, Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick , Microfilm: F25345, No. d'enregistrement: 5029, (1918-10-25), index d'enregistrement des naissances de la province (http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/VISSE/141A5.aspx), consulté le 2014-09-17.
- [S12534] Jude Léger son épouse Julienne Belliveau - pierre tombale, cimetière Notre Dame du Calvaire, Dieppe, NB, photographié par Rick Legere le 2003-04-18.
- [S13209] Marie Florence Graziella Léger, Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick , Microfilm: F25345, No. d'enregistrement: 5037, (1918-03-31), index d'enregistrement des naissances de la province (http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/VISSE/141A5.aspx), consulté le 2016-02-21.
- [S14165] Recensement du Canada - 1911, Ménage de Denis Legere, Microfilm: T-20354, NB, Moncton, 53 (Moncton), 35 (Westmorland), page 6, ligne 12-15, demeure 49, ménage 56, Bibliothèques et Archives Canada (http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/census/1911/Pages/item.aspx), Denis Legere (Head 33a), Rosy Legere (WIfe 23a), Leo Legere (Son 2a), Emile Legere (Daughter 4/12a).
- [S14458] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. (http://archives.gnb.ca/Search/VISSE/141B7.aspx consulté le 2017-10-19, Microfilm: F19684, No. d'enregistrement: 2992, Francis LeBlanc & Emilia Bastarache, (1923-11-15).
- [S14743] Mrs. G. T. Jonah - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 1990-04-12, pg 31.