date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
F, n. 1882-04-09
- Père*: Calixte Léger1,2 n. 1843-09-07, d. 1901-10-11
- Mère*: Elizabeth Breau2 n. 1845-04-20, d. ± 1913-__-__
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousine au 5e degré à 2 générations d'écart de Gilles Pinet
- [S4055] Patrick C. Leger - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, 933-03-22, pg 7;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Wednesday, March 22nd, 1933 pg 7
Patrick C. Leger -
The death of Patrick C. Leger, 131 Mountain Road, Occurred unexpectantly in the Hotel Dieu yesterday afternoon about five o'clock, following an illness of about two months' duration. When it became apparent that Mr. Leger health was waning he was removed to the Hotel Dieu about four days ago. Hopes were held for his recovery and the news of his death will be received with deep regret not only in Moncton but in Shediac and throughout this section of the county. The late Mr. Leger was born in Barachois, a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Calixte Leger, and when a young man he removed to Shediac where he carried on a business until eight years ago when he removed to Moncton and opened a grocery and meat business at 150 John Street, a business which he conducted until ill health forced him to retire a short time ago. Mr. Leger is survived by his wife, who before her marriage was Miss Sarah Cormier, and nine daughters and three sons. The daughters are Mrs. (Dr.) E. M. Bourgeois, this city; Mrs. A. A. Daignault, Montreal; Misses Blanche, Iren, Germaine, Margaret, Evangeline, Reta, Patricia, all at home, and the sons are Oswald, Aurele, and Edward, all at home. Five brothers and two sisters also survive, the brothers being A. C. Leger, general merchant, Shediac; Alderic Leger, Beachmont, Mass.; George Leger and Edward Leger, Lowell, Mass., and Oswald Leger, Los Angeles. The sisters are Mrs. Moses Gosselin, New Bedford, and Miss Evangeline Leger, Beachmont. The funeral will be held Thursday morning with service in L'Assomption Church and interment will be made in the Shediac cemetery.
- [S11] Registre de la paroisse Saint Henri, Barachois, NB; microfilm: CEA F1889 et C1889A , microfilmé par P. Landry, microfilmé en mai 1977; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.