date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1904-05-16, d. 1985-11-01
- Père*: Arthur Léger1 n. 1879-02-02, d. 1935-11-07
- Mère*: Mélina Landry1 n. 1884-04-13, d. 1973-07-11
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 6e degré à 2 générations d'écart de Gilles Pinet
- [S15] Registre de la paroisse Saint-Charles Borromée d'Amherst, NE , microfilmé par R. LeBlanc, microfilmé en août 2000; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S8193] Mrs. Alvina Dupuis - obituary, Amherst Daily News, Amherst, NS, December 17, 1953, pg 4.
- [S8552] Mrs. C. Legere - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, May 8, 1970, pg 3.
- [S10276] Roy J. Legere & Emily M. Dupuis - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S14599] Legere, E. Milie, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, 1990-02-23, pg 20.
- [S3161] Roy Joseph Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, November 4, 1985, pg 40;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Monday, November 4th, 1985 pg 40
Roy Joseph Legere - AMHERST -
Roy Joseph Legere, 81, of 20 Mill Avenue, Amherst, died Friday in Highland View Regional Hospital. Born in Amherst, he was a son of the late Arthur and Marie Delvina (Landry) Legere. He was an employee of Canada Car until his retirement in 1968. He was an active trapper and fisherman and a member of Nativity of Our Lady Parish. He is survived by his wife, the former Emily (Millie) Dupuis. He was predeceased by three sisters, Winnifred, Beatrice and Annie; three brothers, Stanley, Daniel and Edward. The body is in Campbell's Funeral Home, Amherst. Funeral service will be today at 10 a.m. in Nativity of Our Lady Church. Rev. James Richards officiating. Burial will be in St. Charles Cemetery.
- [S1236] Mrs. G. Legere - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, November 4, 1959, pg 2;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Wednesday, November 4th, 1959 pg 2
Death Mrs. G. Legere
Amherst (Special) - The Death occurred at Highland View Hospital Monday Evening of Mrs. Gerald Legere of Amherst. She had been in failing health for the past three years. She was 45 years of age. She was the former Winnifred Mary Dupuis, Daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Philias Dupuis of Amherst. For the past few months she had made her home with her sister, Mrs. Roy Legere, 20 Mill Avenue. The deceased was a lifelong resident of Amherst. She was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church. Besides her husband she is survived by two sons, Alphonse and Reginald, both of Amherst; two sisters, Mrs. Roy Legere of Amherst and Mrs Clarence Legere of Cormier Village, N.B. four brothers Frank, Adolphe, Fred, and Clovis all of Amherst, and two grandsons.
The body is resting at furlongs funeral home. The funeral service will be held Thursday morning at 8:30 o'clock from St Charles church, interment will be in St. Charles Cemetery.
- [S344] Daniel Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, April 28, 1971, pg 39.