date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
F, n. 1919-03-18, d. 2000-04-22
- Père*: John Legere1,2 n. 1896-01-25, d. < 2000-__-__
- Mère*: Agnes Roberts2 n. 1903-__-__, d. < 2000-__-__
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousine au 6e degré d'un parent de Gilles Pinet
Les enfants de Margaret M. Legere et John W. Hurley:
- [S5571] Madeline Donelle - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, February 25, 1978, pg 25.
- [S1803] Margaret Mary Hurley - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, April 24, 2000.
- [S1804] John Hurley & Margaret M. Legere - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S2874] Vernon Lawrence Hurley - obituary, Amherst Daily News, Amherst, NS, March 27, 1989, pg 11;Amherst Daily News (1972 - Present) Amherst, NS
Monday, March 27th, 1989 pg 11
Vernon L. Hurley
Amherst - The death of Vernon Lawrence Hurley, of 9 Admore Ave., Amherst, occurred suddenly Saturday, March 25, 1989, at Aberdeen Hospital in New Glasgow following an industrial accident. He was 53. Born in Port Elgin, N.B., he was a son of Mrs. Margaret (Legere) Hurley of Amherst and the late John Hurley. He worked as an ironworker with Robb Engineering in Amherst for 32 years; was a member of the Ironworkers of America, Local 752; the Amherst Wildlife Association; and as a sports enthusiast he played hockey for serveral years and was a strong supporter of the Amherst Junior Ramblers. Besides his mother, he is survived by his second wife, the former Sharon McManaman; three daughters, Sherry (Mrs. Russel Rector), Kimberly (Mrs. Rod MacDonald), and Betty Hurley, all of Amherst; two step-daughters, Tammy and Holly, both at Home; a sister Pauline (Mrs. Jack McDermott) of Scarborough, Ont.; six brothers, Richard of Fort lawrence, Rod and Wayne, both of Amherst, Eric of Tatamagouch, David of Eastern Passage, and three grandchildren. Besides his father he was predeceased by his first wife, the former Jean Harroun in 1976 and a brother Larry in 1946.
His remains are resting at Furlong's Funeral Home, Amherst, with visiting hours today from 7-9 p.m. and on Tuesday from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Parish prayers will be held at the funeral home Tuesday at 8 p.m. Funeral mass will be held at Nativity of Our Lady Roman Catholic Church Wednesday at 10 a.m., conducted by Fr. David MacDonald. Burial will be in Amherst Cemetery later in the spring. In Lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated.