date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
Leo Edward Legere1
M, n. 1936-__-__, d. 2000-11-16
- Père*: Archibald Léger1,2,3 n. 1905-__-__, d. 1995-03-18
- Mère*: Mary Margaret McNeil1,2,3 n. 1904-__-__, d. 1970-04-21
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 6e degré d'un parent de Gilles Pinet
- [S1737] Leo Edward Legere - obituary, Toronto Star, Toronto, ON, 2000-11-18;voir aussi: Leo Edward Legere - obituary, The Chronicle Herald, Halifax, NS, 2000-11-24.
- [S4708] Harold "Francis" Legere - nécrologie, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, 11 juin 2002.
- [S14421] "A. H. Brown Funeral Service", obituary, A.H. Brown Funeral Service, (http://www.brownsfuneralhome.com/obituaries/95617 : accessed 2017-09-29), James Donald Legere (2015).
- [S873] Archie Legere his wife Mary M. McNeil - tombstone, cimetière St John's North Road Roman Catholic Cemetery, Springhill, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-30 (Archie Legere, Mary M McNeil et Leo E Legere).
- [S9693] Doug Legere - obituary, Picton Gazette, Picton, ON, March 3, 2006.
- [S1736] Mrs. Archie Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, April 23, 1970, pg 28;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, April 23rd, 1970 pg 28
MRS. ARCHIE LEGERE,
65, of 20 Morris Street, Springhill, will be buried today following funeral service in St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church at 10 a.m., with Rev. Arthur Alexander officiating. She died Tuesday at her home. Born in Springhill, she was a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John D. McNiel. Besides her husband, she is survived by five sons, James and Francis, both in Springhill; Jack and Leo, both in Toronto; Douglas, Picton, Ont.; four sisters, Bona (Mrs. Raymond Noiles), Effie (Mrs. Albert Ellis), Rhoda (Mrs. Robert Ryan), all of Springhill; Kathleen (Mrs. Eldon MacKenzie) Toronto; two brother, Allan, Springhill and Roddie, Manitoba. Committal service will be held in Amherst Cemetery recieving vault with burial in North Street Cemetery, Springhill, later in the Spring.
- [S874] Archibald Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, March 20 1995, pg B16;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Monday, March 20th, 1995 pg B16
LEGERE, Archibald -
89, Springhill, died March 18, 1995, in Highland View Regional Hospital, Amherst. Born in Springhill, he was a son of the late James C. and Alice (White) Legere. He was a member of St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Springhill and Royal Canadian Legion, branch 17. He served overseas during the Second World War and worked approximately 35 years in coal mining in Springhill, followed by several years as a commissionaire in Halifax and with security at HMC Dockyard. Surviving are sons, James, Springhill; Jack, Oxford; Francis, Lower Sackville; Leo, Toronto; Douglas, Picton, Ont.; brothers, Lloyd, Edward, Springhill; sister, Mrs. Hazel Embree, Springhill; 15 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, the former Mary Margaret McNeil; brother, Alfred; sister, Edna Totten. Visitation 7-9 p.m. tonight, 2-4, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, legion service 7 p.m. Tuesday in A.H. Brown Funeral Home, Springhill. Funeral 10 a.m. Wednesday in St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Rev. David MacDonald officiating. Spring burial in church cemetery, North Street.