date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1906-02-07, d. 1987-04-27
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 5e degré à 2 générations d'écart de Gilles Pinet
- [S15] Registre de la paroisse Saint-Charles Borromée d'Amherst, NE , microfilmé par R. LeBlanc, microfilmé en août 2000; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S1993] Alfred Anthony Legere - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S351] Descendants of Jacques Leger dit La Rosette, online http://users.eastlink.ca/~rickeylegere/
- [S1517] Alfred A. Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, APril 29, 1987, pg 30;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Wednesday, April 29th, 1987 pg 30
Alfred A. Legere - Amherst -
Alfred (Alphie) Anthony Legere, 81, 4 Prince Arthur St., Amherst, died Monday in Highland View Regional Hospital, Amherst. Born in Amherst, he was a son of the late Thaddie and Edith (Martin Pineau) Legere. He was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church and Royal Canadian Legion, Amherst branch No. 10. He was a veteran of the Second World War, serving overseas with the North Nova Scotia Highlanders. He is survived by a sister, Evelyn, Arizona; a brother, Vincent, Halifax. He was predeceased by his wife, the former Marjorie Carver; a brother Pieus. The body will be in Furlong's Funeral home, where visiting will be 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Thursday. Funeral mass will be 10 a.m. Friday in St. Charles Roman Catholic Church. Burial will be in St. Charles Cemetery.
- [S1516] James Vincent Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, February 13 1997, pg D9;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, February 13th, 1997 pg D9
LEGERE, James Vincent (Vince) -
81, 25 Alton Dr., Halifax, died February 10, 1997, in Glades Lodge. Born in Amherst, he was a son of the late Thaddie and Edith Legere. He was formerly employed at Mount Saint Vincent University and later at Garden View Restaurant for over 30 years. Surviving are his wife, the former Diane Labadie; sister, Evelyn Van Dyke, Phoenix, Ariz. He was predeceased by brothers, Alfred A., Pieus. Visitation 2-4, 7-9 p.m. today in J. Albert Walker Funeral Home, 149 Herring Cove Rd., Halifax. Funeral 12 noon Friday in St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church, Rev. Ronald Cairns officiating. Cremation to follow. Burial at a later date in St. Charles Cemetery, Amherst.
- [S1515] Source inconnue author, Recensement 1911 - Cumberland (n.pub., source inconnue publish date).
- [S3076] Thaddy J. Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, october 21, 1967, pg 7;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Saturday, October 21st, 1967 pg 7
THADDY J. LEGERE, Amherst, 84, died Thursday at Lockharts Nursing Home. Born at Dupuis Corner, N.B., he had been a resisdent of Amherst over 50 Years. Surviving are two daughters, Evelyn, Arizona; Lillian, New Jersey; two sons, Alfred, Montreal; Vincent, Halifax; two sisters Mrs. Tillie Forest, Amherst; and Mrs. Jennie Arsenault, Moncton.The funeral mass will be held today at 9 a.m. at St Charles' Church. Burial will be at St. Charles Cemetery.