date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1902-11-22, d. 1980-10-04
- Père*: Charles T. Léger1,2,3,4,5,6 n. 1877-01-14, d. 1965-10-14
- Mère*: Sophie Thériault1,2,5,6 n. 1879-10-12, d. 1958-03-31
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 5e degré à 3 générations d'écart de Gilles Pinet
- [S3900] E. Leger dies in Hospital, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, January 3 1961, pg 5;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Tuesday, January 3rd, 1961 pg 5
E. Leger dies in Hospital -
The death of Edmond Leger of 87 St. George Street in Moncton occurred at the Moncton Hospital Monday evening after a brief illness. He was 59. Born in Moncton, he was the son of Charles T. Leger and the late Sophie Theriault of Moncton. Mr. Legere operated a grocery store on King Street for past 12 years and prior worked for A. J. Babin for over 20 years. He was a member of the Old Citizen Band and the Assumption Band Gardner Band, YMCA Band and played with the Stan Jamieson quartet. He leaves to mourn besides his father, his wife, the former Evelyn Despres; three sons, Elder and Paul, both of Montreal, and William at home; three daughters, Mrs. Wilfred Sonier (Viola) of Moncton, Louise and Dorine, both at home; six brothers, Albert, Blair, Alonzo and Rene, all of Moncton, Reginald of Chatham and Gerald of Montreal; three sisters, Mrs. Arthur Conley (Yvonne) of Boston, Mrs. Thomas Landry (Irene) of Arlington, Mass. and Mrs. Laurie Melanson (Jeannine) of Moncton. The body is resting at Frenette's Funeral Home at 215 St. George Street. Funeral service will be held Wednesday morning at 9 a.m. in the Assumption Cathedral. The body will then be placed in Our Lady of Calvary cemetery vault where burial will be in the spring.
- [S4386] B. Leger - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, April 5, 1976, pg 3;Moncton Times Moncton, NB
Monday, April 5th, 1976 pg 3
B. Leger -
The death of Blair Leger of 136 Cornhill Street, Moncton, occurred Saturday at his home following a brief illness. He was 65. Born in Moncton, he was a son of the late Charles T. and Sophie (Theriault) Leger. He was employed with Leger and Melanson Limited until 1945, and attended the Assumption Cathedral. he is survived by two sisters, Mrs. Marie Yvonne Conley of Brighton, Mass., and Mrs. Thomas Landry (Irene) of Arlington, Mass., and by four brothers, Albert and Rene, both of Moncton, Gerard of Montreal and Alonzo Leger of Richmond, Virginia. the body is resting at Frenette's funeral home, Moncton. The funeral mass will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Assumption Cathedral with interment in Our Lady of Calvary Roman Catholic Cemetery.
- [S6276] Mrs. Charles T. Leger Succumbs, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, April 1, 1958, pg 3.
- [S7550] Charles T. Leger Dies at Age 88, MOncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, October 14, 1965, pg 13.
- [S16] Registre de la paroisse Notre Dame de l'Assomption, Moncton, NB; microfilm: F1900-1 , microfilmé par P. Landry, microfilmé en mai 1977; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S1374] Albert C. Leger & Eva M. Scott- pierre tombale, cimetière Elmwood Cemetery, Moncton, NB, photographié par Gilles Pinet le 2004-05-14 (Albert C. Leger & Eva M. Scott);Le directeur du cimetière Steve Stuart m'a fourni un imprimé contenant des détails généalogiques se rapportant aux personnes enterrées dans ces lieux.
- [S351] Descendants of Jacques Leger dit La Rosette, online http://users.eastlink.ca/~rickeylegere/
- [S7872] Archives provinciales du Nouveau-Brunswick, "SD141 Statistiques de l'état civil", base de données, index des mariages du N.-B. ), Microfilm: F23517, No. d'enregistrement: 5261, Kenneth Sylvain Miller & Mona Léger, (1955-12-17).