date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1938-06-18, d. 1989-04-13
- Père*: Gérald Léger3 n. 1910-09-04, d. 1966-05-24
- Mère*: Winnifred Dupuis3 n. 1914-04-27, d. 1959-11-02
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 6e degré de Gilles Pinet
Les enfants de Reginald Legere et Carmel Sauveur:
- [S7182] S. J. Sauveur - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, October 26, 1972, pg 2.
- [S10275] Reginald J. Legere - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S15] Registre de la paroisse Saint-Charles Borromée d'Amherst, NE , microfilmé par R. LeBlanc, microfilmé en août 2000; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S7183] Mrs. A. M. Sauveur - obituary, Times & Transcript, Moncton, NB, October 16, 1987, pg 30.
- [S259] Rick Legere, Descendants of Hippolyte Honore Leger (22 avril 2005, source inconnue publish date).
- [S2875] Reginald Joseph Legere - obituary, Amherst Daily News, Amherst, NS, April 17, 1989, pg 8;Amherst Daily News (1972 - Present) Amherst, NS
Monday, April 17th, 1989 pg 8
Amherst - The death of Reginald Joseph Legere, of 19 Wellington St., Amherst, occurred Thursday, April 13, 1989 at Highland View Regional Hospital, Amherst. He was 50. Born in Amherst, he was a son of the late Gerald and Winnifred (Dupuis) Legere. A printer by trade, he was employed at the Tribune Press in Sackville, N.B. He enjoyed golf, fishing, photography and music. He is survived by his wife of 28 years, the former Carmel Ann Sauveur; on son, Michael Charles of Calgary, Alta.; one daughter, Diana Lynn of Brookdale; one granddaughter, Gillian Carmel; a dear aunt, Millie Legere of Amherst; and several nieces and nephews. he was predeceased by infant sister, Lottie, and a brother Alphonse, on Feb. 18, 1989. He was the last surviving member of his immediate family. His remains rested at Campbell's Funeral Home, Amherst, from where parish prayers were held Sunday evening. Funeral service will be held today at 10 a.m. from St. Charles Roman Catholic Church, conducted by Fr. Louis Caissie. Burial will be in St. Charles Cemetery at a later date. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society or the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- [S1236] Mrs. G. Legere - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, November 4, 1959, pg 2;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Wednesday, November 4th, 1959 pg 2
Death Mrs. G. Legere
Amherst (Special) - The Death occurred at Highland View Hospital Monday Evening of Mrs. Gerald Legere of Amherst. She had been in failing health for the past three years. She was 45 years of age. She was the former Winnifred Mary Dupuis, Daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Philias Dupuis of Amherst. For the past few months she had made her home with her sister, Mrs. Roy Legere, 20 Mill Avenue. The deceased was a lifelong resident of Amherst. She was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church. Besides her husband she is survived by two sons, Alphonse and Reginald, both of Amherst; two sisters, Mrs. Roy Legere of Amherst and Mrs Clarence Legere of Cormier Village, N.B. four brothers Frank, Adolphe, Fred, and Clovis all of Amherst, and two grandsons.
The body is resting at furlongs funeral home. The funeral service will be held Thursday morning at 8:30 o'clock from St Charles church, interment will be in St. Charles Cemetery.
- [S1219] Gérald D. Légère - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, May 26, 1966, pg 8;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, May 26th, 1966 pg 8
Gerald D. Legere - Amherst -
Gerald D. Legere died Tuesday in the Victoria Public Hospital, Fredericton. He was the son of Mrs. Rosie Legere and the late Hippolyte Legere.He was born in New Brunswick in 1910 but had spent the greater part of his life in Amherst. He moved to Oromocto, N.B.a year ago. He was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church, Amherst.His wife Winnifred died in 1959. Surviving are two sons Alphonse in Amherst and Reginald in Oshawa, Ont.; his mother; five brothers, Father Gregory of Aroostook Junction, N.B.; Romeo of Lewisville, N.B.; Alvan of Burlington, Ont.; Lionel and Anthony of Amherst; three sisters Reta (Mrs. John Belliveau) St. Paul, N.B.; Juliette and Loretta both of Amherst;and five Grandchildren.The body is at Campbell's Funeral Home.
- [S9254] Michael Charles Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, December 30, 2010;voir aussi: Michael Legere - obituary, Amherst Daily News, Amherst, NS, December 30, 2010.