date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1934-04-01, d. 1989-02-18
- Père*: Gérald Léger1 n. 1910-09-04, d. 1966-05-24
- Mère*: Winnifred Dupuis1 n. 1914-04-27, d. 1959-11-02
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 6e degré de Gilles Pinet
Les enfants de Alphonse Legere et Margaret MacDonald:
- [S15] Registre de la paroisse Saint-Charles Borromée d'Amherst, NE , microfilmé par R. LeBlanc, microfilmé en août 2000; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S10270] Alphonse J. Leger his wie Margaret E. MacDonald - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31 (Alphonse J. Leger & Margaret E. MacDonald).
- [S259] Rick Legere, Descendants of Hippolyte Honore Leger (22 avril 2005, source inconnue publish date).
- [S2871] Alphonse Jospeh Legere - obituary, Amherst Daily News, Amherst, NS, February 20, 1989, pg 8;Amherst Daily News (1972 - Present) Amherst, NS
Monday, February 20th, 1989 pg 8
Alphonse J. Legere - The death of Alphonse Joseph Legere of 29 Central Ave., Amherst, occurred Saturday Feb. 18, 1989, at Highland View Regional Hospital, Amherst. He was 54. Born in Amherst, he was a son of the late Gerald and Winnifred (Dupuis) Legere. He worked for Highland TV, Amherst, and was a member of St. Charles Parish. He survived by his wife, the former Margaret Elizabeth MacDonald; two sons, Rick of Shelburne; Alan of Tidnish; two daughters Elizabeth, (Mrs. David Jones) of Amherst; Lisa of Toronto; a brother, Reginald of Amherst; six grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by a sister Lottie in infancy. His Remains are resting at campbell's Funeral home, Amherst, visiting 2-4, 7-9 p.m. Monday. Funeral will be held 10 a.m. Tuesday, St. Charles Church, Rev. Louis Caissie officiating. Burial in St. Charles Cemetery. Donations may be made to Canadian Cancer Society or the charity of your choice would be appreciated.
- [S1236] Mrs. G. Legere - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, November 4, 1959, pg 2;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Wednesday, November 4th, 1959 pg 2
Death Mrs. G. Legere
Amherst (Special) - The Death occurred at Highland View Hospital Monday Evening of Mrs. Gerald Legere of Amherst. She had been in failing health for the past three years. She was 45 years of age. She was the former Winnifred Mary Dupuis, Daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Philias Dupuis of Amherst. For the past few months she had made her home with her sister, Mrs. Roy Legere, 20 Mill Avenue. The deceased was a lifelong resident of Amherst. She was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church. Besides her husband she is survived by two sons, Alphonse and Reginald, both of Amherst; two sisters, Mrs. Roy Legere of Amherst and Mrs Clarence Legere of Cormier Village, N.B. four brothers Frank, Adolphe, Fred, and Clovis all of Amherst, and two grandsons.
The body is resting at furlongs funeral home. The funeral service will be held Thursday morning at 8:30 o'clock from St Charles church, interment will be in St. Charles Cemetery.
- [S1219] Gérald D. Légère - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, May 26, 1966, pg 8;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, May 26th, 1966 pg 8
Gerald D. Legere - Amherst -
Gerald D. Legere died Tuesday in the Victoria Public Hospital, Fredericton. He was the son of Mrs. Rosie Legere and the late Hippolyte Legere.He was born in New Brunswick in 1910 but had spent the greater part of his life in Amherst. He moved to Oromocto, N.B.a year ago. He was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church, Amherst.His wife Winnifred died in 1959. Surviving are two sons Alphonse in Amherst and Reginald in Oshawa, Ont.; his mother; five brothers, Father Gregory of Aroostook Junction, N.B.; Romeo of Lewisville, N.B.; Alvan of Burlington, Ont.; Lionel and Anthony of Amherst; three sisters Reta (Mrs. John Belliveau) St. Paul, N.B.; Juliette and Loretta both of Amherst;and five Grandchildren.The body is at Campbell's Funeral Home.