date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1911-11-30, d. 1985-07-23
- Père*: Hyppolite Léger2,1 n. 1867-05-16, d. 1938-03-03
- Mère*: Rosalie Richard2,1 n. 1875-10-09, d. 1968-09-13
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 5e degré d'un parent de Gilles Pinet
Les enfants de Lionel Léger et Rosalie M. Landry:
- [S4269] R. Leger - obituary, Moncton Times, Moncton, NB, February 16, 1976, pg 3;Moncton Times Moncton, NB
Monday, February 16th, 1976 pg 3
R. Leger -
Romeo Leger of 49 Mansfield Street, Moncton, was dead on arrival at Moncton Hospital Saturday. He was 71. Born in Cap Pele, he was a son of the late Hypolite and Rosalie (Richard) Leger. He retired from Humphrey Wollen Mills in 1970 after 40 years. He Attended St. Louis de France Roman Catholic Church in Lewisville. He is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Leonard J. Arsenault (Viola) amd Mrs. Roland Leger (Alice), both of Lewisville; three sisters, Mrs. Johnny Belliveau (Rita) of St. Paul, Juliette and Lorette Leger, both of Amherst, N.S.; four brothers, Rev. Gregoire Leger, Maliseet, Alban of Burlington, Ont., Lionel and Antoine, both of Amherst; three grandchildren. His wife, the former Mayme LeBlanc, died in 1970. The body is resting at Frenette's funeral home, 88 Church Street, Moncton. The funeral will be Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. in St. Louis de France Roman Catholic Church, Lewisville. Interment will be in Our Lady of Calvary Cemetery.
- [S15] Registre de la paroisse Saint-Charles Borromée d'Amherst, NE , microfilmé par R. LeBlanc, microfilmé en août 2000; Centre d'études acadiennes Anselme Chiasson.
- [S259] Rick Legere, Descendants of Hippolyte Honore Leger (22 avril 2005, source inconnue publish date).
- [S1223] Lionel A. Leger et Rosalie M. Landry - tombstone, cimetière St Charles Nativity, Amherst, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-31.
- [S8853] Rosalie Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, September 14, 2011.
- [S3159] Lionel Andrew Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, July 25, 1985, pg 42;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, July 25th, 1985 pg 42
Lionel Andrew Legere - AMHERST -
Lionel Andrew Legere, 73, of Amherst, died Tuesday at home. Born in Memramcook, N.B., he was the son of the late Hippolyte and Rosalie (Richard) Legere.He worked with Robb Engineering for 42 years and was a member of St. Charles Parish. He is survived by his wife, the former Rosalie Landry; two daughters, Dianne (Mrs. Robert Cormier), Edmonton, Alta; Margaret (Mrs. Charles Brake), Lower Sackville, two sons, Roderick, Pembroke, Ont.; Peter, New Glasgow; three sisters, Rita (Mrs. Johnny Belliveau), St. Paul's, N.B.; Juliette, Amherst, Laurette, Springhill, two brothers, Rev. Gregory, Perth Andover; Anthony, Amherst; 12 grandchildren. He was predecease by a sister Viola; four brothers, Gonzague, Romeo, Alban and Gerald. The body is in Campbell's Funeral home, Amherst. Funeral mass will be 10 a.m. Friday in St. Charles Church, Rev. James Richard officiating. Burial will be in St. Charles Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donation s may be made to the Calasanz-Seton or Canadian Cancer Society.
- [S1219] Gérald D. Légère - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, May 26, 1966, pg 8;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, May 26th, 1966 pg 8
Gerald D. Legere - Amherst -
Gerald D. Legere died Tuesday in the Victoria Public Hospital, Fredericton. He was the son of Mrs. Rosie Legere and the late Hippolyte Legere.He was born in New Brunswick in 1910 but had spent the greater part of his life in Amherst. He moved to Oromocto, N.B.a year ago. He was a member of St. Charles Roman Catholic Church, Amherst.His wife Winnifred died in 1959. Surviving are two sons Alphonse in Amherst and Reginald in Oshawa, Ont.; his mother; five brothers, Father Gregory of Aroostook Junction, N.B.; Romeo of Lewisville, N.B.; Alvan of Burlington, Ont.; Lionel and Anthony of Amherst; three sisters Reta (Mrs. John Belliveau) St. Paul, N.B.; Juliette and Loretta both of Amherst;and five Grandchildren.The body is at Campbell's Funeral Home.
- [S260] Mrs Rosalie M. Legere - nécrologie, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, September 14, 1968, pg 20.
- [S3092] Mrs. H. Legere - obituary, Moncton Daily Times, Moncton, NB, September 14, 1968, pg 6;Moncton Daily Times Moncton, NB
Saturday, September 14th, 1968 pg 6
Mrs. H. Legere Amherst (Special) -
Mrs. Rosalie M. Legere, 12 Spring Street, Amherst, widow of Hypolite Legere, died at her home Friday following a lengthy illness. She was in her 93rd year, and was a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Dominic Richard of Cormier Village, N.B. For the past 52 years she made her home in Amherst. She was a member of the St. Charles Roman Catholic church and of the Third Order of St. Francis. She was the last Surviving member of her family. Her husband died in 1938. Surviving are three daughters, Rita (Mrs. John Belliveau) of St. Paul, N.B., Juliet and Loretta, both at home; five sons, Rev. Gregorie Legere of Aroostook, N.B., Romeo of Lewisville, N.B., Alban of Hamilton, Ont., Leonel and Anthony, both of Amherst. 14 grandchildren and 19 great grandchildren. The body is resting at her home where parish rosary will be recited Sunday at 8:15 p.m. The funeral mass will be held from St. Charles Roman Catholic Church, Monday at 8:30 a.m. Burial will be in the family lot at St. Charles cemetery.