date format: YYYY-MM-DD | format date: AAAA-MM-DD
"<" - event occurred before date | "<" - événement avant la date
">" means event occurred after date | ">" - événement après la date
M, n. 1905-__-__, d. 1995-03-18
- Père*: James Conrad Léger1,2,3 n. 1882-04-20, d. 1975-02-14
- Mère*: Alice White1,2,3 n. 1883-__-__, d. 1971-__-__
- Relationship | lien de parenté: Cousin au 5e degré à 2 générations d'écart de Gilles Pinet
Les enfants de Archibald Léger et Mary Margaret McNeil:
- [S876] Gerald Edward 'Eddie' Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, 18 janvier 2000;voir aussi: Gerald Edward "Eddie" Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax, NS, January 17, 2000.
- [S5259] Philip Lloyd "Lefty" Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, June 15, 1999;voir aussi: Philip Lloyd (Lefty) Legere - obituary, The Daily News, Halifax, NS, June 15, 1999.
- [S13509] Recensement du Canada, 1921, Ménage de James Legere, NS, Springhill, 25 (Springhill), 55 (Cumberland), page 13B, ligne 34-40, demeure 102, ménage 108, Bibliothèques et Archives Canada (http://interactive.ancestry.ca/8991/1921_042-e002906575), James Legere (Head 38a), Alice Legere (WIfe 38a), Archie Legere (Son 16a), Alfred Legere (Son 14a), Edna Legere (Daughter 12a), Hazel Legere (Daughter 7a), Lloyd Legere (Son 2a).
- [S873] Archie Legere his wife Mary M. McNeil - tombstone, cimetière St John's North Road Roman Catholic Cemetery, Springhill, NS, photographié par Rick Legere le 2004-05-30 (Archie Legere, Mary M McNeil et Leo E Legere).
- [S1736] Mrs. Archie Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, April 23, 1970, pg 28;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Thursday, April 23rd, 1970 pg 28
MRS. ARCHIE LEGERE,
65, of 20 Morris Street, Springhill, will be buried today following funeral service in St. John the Baptist Roman Catholic Church at 10 a.m., with Rev. Arthur Alexander officiating. She died Tuesday at her home. Born in Springhill, she was a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John D. McNiel. Besides her husband, she is survived by five sons, James and Francis, both in Springhill; Jack and Leo, both in Toronto; Douglas, Picton, Ont.; four sisters, Bona (Mrs. Raymond Noiles), Effie (Mrs. Albert Ellis), Rhoda (Mrs. Robert Ryan), all of Springhill; Kathleen (Mrs. Eldon MacKenzie) Toronto; two brother, Allan, Springhill and Roddie, Manitoba. Committal service will be held in Amherst Cemetery recieving vault with burial in North Street Cemetery, Springhill, later in the Spring.
- [S874] Archibald Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, March 20 1995, pg B16;The Chronicle Herald Halifax, NS
Monday, March 20th, 1995 pg B16
LEGERE, Archibald -
89, Springhill, died March 18, 1995, in Highland View Regional Hospital, Amherst. Born in Springhill, he was a son of the late James C. and Alice (White) Legere. He was a member of St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Springhill and Royal Canadian Legion, branch 17. He served overseas during the Second World War and worked approximately 35 years in coal mining in Springhill, followed by several years as a commissionaire in Halifax and with security at HMC Dockyard. Surviving are sons, James, Springhill; Jack, Oxford; Francis, Lower Sackville; Leo, Toronto; Douglas, Picton, Ont.; brothers, Lloyd, Edward, Springhill; sister, Mrs. Hazel Embree, Springhill; 15 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, the former Mary Margaret McNeil; brother, Alfred; sister, Edna Totten. Visitation 7-9 p.m. tonight, 2-4, 7-9 p.m. Tuesday, legion service 7 p.m. Tuesday in A.H. Brown Funeral Home, Springhill. Funeral 10 a.m. Wednesday in St. John's Roman Catholic Church, Rev. David MacDonald officiating. Spring burial in church cemetery, North Street.
- [S387] Source inconnue author, Obituary (Chronicle-Herald, source inconnue publish date).
- [S721] James C. Legere - obituary, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, February 15, 1975, pg 35.
- [S4708] Harold "Francis" Legere - nécrologie, Chronicle Herald, Halifax NS, 11 juin 2002.
- [S14421] "A. H. Brown Funeral Service", obituary, A.H. Brown Funeral Service, (http://www.brownsfuneralhome.com/obituaries/95617 : accessed 2017-09-29), James Donald Legere (2015).
- [S1737] Leo Edward Legere - obituary, Toronto Star, Toronto, ON, 2000-11-18;voir aussi: Leo Edward Legere - obituary, The Chronicle Herald, Halifax, NS, 2000-11-24.